The Foundation for the Development of Culture and Art under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan extends the open competition for grants in foreign universities.
In 2020, students have a unique opportunity to receive a grant to study in a master's degree program in foreign universities.
Priority includes the following areas for selecting candidates:
- Management in the sphere of culture and art
- Restoration and conservation
- Cultural tourism
- Graphic design
- Visual art
Stage of selection:
The competition will be held in two stages:
At the first stage, students need to fill out an application to participate in the selection for this program. You can fill out the application here: //forms.gle/yJU1bMC4mMN3k91m6
The application deadline is May 11, 2020. Contestants will be required to submit the following documents:
- confirmation letter from a university in any country concerning admission (indicating the amount of the contract for training);
- copy of passport;
- statement of intent (motivation letter) in English or Russian. The document should be formatted in the following format: Times New Roman font, size 12, spacing 1.5 (no more than 400 words);
- personal statement of the established Foundation sample;
- a copy of the diploma of higher education with a leaf insert;
Additional documents (if there are any):
- certificates confirming knowledge of foreign languages;
- recommendation letters from teachers and employers;
- copies of scientific publications.
To apply for the program, follow the link: //forms.gle/yJU1bMC4mMN3k91m6
The second stage of selection for the program is a face-to-face interview, which will be held on May 18, 2020 in the building of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan located at the address: Tashkent, T. Shevchenko str. 1.
The grant competition is a component of the scholarship program under the regulations of the Art and Culture Development Foundation under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
A grant to study in the program will cover the following expenses:
- The total contract value;
- Hostel accommodation and daily allowances;
- 2 flights per academic year;
- Medical insurance (at the minimum rate).
- academic performance;
- scientific and research works;
- analytical ability;
- organizational skills;
- the motivation for the development of projects;
- social activity;
- awareness of the significance and benefits of the chosen specialty and its role in the development of culture and art.
Schedule of the contest:
- acceptance of applications on the Foundation's website: until May 11, 2020
- examination of applications for the first stage: until May 12, 2020
- announcement of the results of the first stage: until May 13, 2020
- face-to-face interview with the Foundation Commission: until May 18, 2020
- summing up the results of the competition: until May 20, 2020
- announcement of winners: no later than May 21, 2020
Schedule for the competition winners:
- conclusion of contractual relations with the winners: within 10 business days from the date of announcement of the competition results;
- payment of scholarships: until the end of July 2020.
Conditions for participation in the grant program:
- Participants of the competition cannot be winners of several scholarship programs at the same time;
- Candidates who are not older than 30 years old can take part in the competition;
- The Foundation reserves the right to suspend the payment of an educational grant in the event of violation of academic discipline, poor academic performance, systematic absenteeism without good reason, violation of internal regulations and the Charter of the University, violation of the rules of residence in a dormitory (if a student lives in a dormitory), the occurrence of force majeure, including natural phenomena (earthquakes, landslides, hurricanes, droughts, etc.) or socio-economic circumstances (state of war, blockade, bans on imports and exports in the public interest, etc.). The decision to suspend funding is made by the Selection Committee of the Art and Culture Development Foundation;
- The grant amount is transferred to a bank account of the host organization;
- In case of admission to the master's program, the Foundation reserves the right to place students into organizations and institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan for internships during the summer holidays;
- The grantee, after receiving the appropriate educational degree (master's) within three months, by the decision of the scholarship Commission of the Foundation will be employed in the priority areas of institutions of culture and art, which are under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Employment period: at least three years.
- The Foundation is not responsible for the personal safety of students during the entire period of study;
- The Foundation does not cover the student's expenses (accommodation, meals, internal transport) during the summer holidays;
- In case of an unscheduled return of a student to Uzbekistan during the educational process (force majeure, health conditions, etc.), all financial expenses for air travel are assigned by the grantee.
The winners of the grant program can be creative people who are able to share their knowledge and skills, generate new ideas, implement them and take personal responsibility for the result of their work, as well as individuals who are ready to gather a team of like-minded people around them and inspire them to achieve a common goal.